I have brainstormed some St. Patty’s Day ideas on my Kiss Me I’m Irish Board lately and some of my favorites have made their way to the Rainy Day Box. These sweet treats from Half Baked via The Hostess With the Mostess are next: Leprechaun Hat S’Mores!
Here’s the visual how-to:
and the written instructions:
LEPRECHAUN HAT S’MORES – A DIY TUTORIAL
– Keebler® Fudge Stripes™ Cookies
– Large Marshmallows
– Dark Chocolate Candy Melts
– Green Candy Melts
– Green Sprinkles or Cake Sparkles
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Melt dark chocolate candy in the microwave, in 30 second intervals on 50% power. Stir after each heating. Repeat until completely melted. Dip Fudge Stripe Cookies into chocolate, coating completely. Shake off any excess. Set on parchment paper, top side down, until candy coating is completely set.
2. Using a toothpick, dip marshmallow into chocolate and coat almost entirely. Shake off any excess. Set on parchment paper, until candy coating is completely set. Remove toothpick.
3. Melt green candy just as you did the chocolate. Flip marshmallow upside down and insert new toothpick in top. Dip into green candy, just barely, to create a small band of green around the bottom.
4. Coat green candy band with sprinkles or sparkles. Shake off excess.
5. Place marshmallow in center of chocolate covered cookie. Carefully remove toothpick. Touch up the toothpick hole with a small dab of melted chocolate, if desired.
6. To finish the hat, attach a glittering shamrock with a small dab of melted green.
And how she made the “glittering shamrocks” is totally ingenius…this type of thing is always the part that stresses me out, and now I can’t wait to make them!
Pinterest strikes again!