Easter is 1 week away! Are you ready?
I am loving springtime and all the fresh bright colors. These mason jars are so simple and sweet and I can think of so many uses for them – big thanks to momtastic for the idea!
Here’s how, courtsey of momtastic:
gloss mod podge
ramekins/bowls to mix colors
newspaper or plastic bag
1. Mix food coloring with a tablespoon or so of water into individual ramekins. You can do any color combination you like.
2. Add a couple of tablespoons of mod podge into your mason jar.
3. Add one desired color mixture into the jar and stir to incorporate it all together.
4. With a bowl underneath, carefully twist the jar around coating the inside with the mod podge/food coloring mixture. Pour the excess out into a bowl.
5. Let dry upside down on the paper. Do the same with the other colors. Let them dry for about 30 minutes this way.
6. Place the jars face down on top of wax paper and a cookie sheet into an oven, set on warm. Let dry upside down this way for about 10 minutes and then flip them over and let them dry another 20-30 minutes.
7. When they’re ready, they’ll look clear and the mixture should lose most of its streaks. If there are streaks left, continue to let it dry out in the oven.
8. You’re done! A gorgeous set of decorative mason jars for flowers or plants or illuminated with battery operated tea lights for an outdoor party (but not safe to drink out of anymore).
So, what do you think? I adore these and they’re up on my Handmade Hodgepodge Board.
Pinterest strikes again!